Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Bits 'n' Pieces
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 PM

MrDarcy is on a distinguished road
Default MIB spying?

I have been hearing folks here and over there talking more and more lately about the MIB patrolling and collating information by viewing consumer's threads.
Is the fact that i can no longer view threads without having to sign in a measure to keep check on who is about and what they are up to? Or is that just my computer being weird?
No problem with that measure if it's the case.. a good idea. More though just feeling lately after hearing all this talk that perhaps i should not go into too much detail about my battles as i don't want to give my game plan away to the dark forces out there... who may be watching!
Or am i being paranoid (again)..

HFC Bank - (unenforceable)
Barclays - Agreement received - no spare cash right now
Cahoot - Agreement received
- no spare cash right now
MBNA1&2 - sold to Link Financial. Ignoring me for ages
Halifax - Sold to Cabot - Complaint sent to ICO - Incomplete SAR
MINT - Regal Credit (unenforceable)
Amex - AIC (unenforceable)
Cap1 *Won* 1,500 Written off

Last edited by MrDarcy : 08-02-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: editing
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

This is partly the reason but also so that anyone wishing to view threads has to register and agree to the site terms of use.

We want people to register so they can make full use of the site and discuss with and if need be pm others to discuss ideas and share thoughts. Afterall why should people benefit from what the site has to offer without even agreeing to join up.

Regards

Tanz
Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 AM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Your perfectly correct MrDarcy, this is a security measure. If people want to view the 'public' threads then they must now register, which means we can carry out certain checks and they have to agree our terms and conditions (particularly to notify admin if they represent one of the 'enemy'.

As Tanz also says why should they benefit from the work of our members by reading a thread and following the same line of action without joining?
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Yesterday a legal firm signed up, this is why I put the question out in the Main Forum. they have not had the courtesy to respond and this morning I found another possible troll, so banned the registration. neither have made themselves know to the us. If they don't make themselves know, they will be blocked from posting and accessing the threads.
They think they are clever, but we can track their IP addresses.

Three other people have joined and we hope they need help. Thank goodness we are not site that adivses how not to pay debts, but try to help people when they are in trouble.

So if Cobains would like to contact us and explain why they joining this Forum, we would be very interested to know why you need us.

I have to sign in and I have admin rights. Every place I go on the site is recorded for security purposes.

You will see if I am on line in my admin capacity and this capacity. Two computers, easier to trouble shoot if necessary

Last edited by Dragonlady : 09-02-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: dyslexic keyboard
Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 AM

sparkie1723 has a spectacular aura aboutsparkie1723 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with with D/L why would a solicitors firm from Blackpool search the forum, I wonder if any member has received letters from them, this firm does do work for DCA's I am led to believe.

sparkie
Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

They think they are being clever by using hotmail for their email addresses.

The minute I see a suspect address and these are generally gmail.com or hotmail, the alarm bells ring. I didn't even bother sending personal welcome to the two suspect addresses. Complete waste of time because they never respond.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

OH dear! isn't their conduct a 'breach of contract'
Old 09-02-2008, 04:04 PM

MrDarcy is on a distinguished road

Cobains website looks very poor.. the address isn't even a proper dotcom but looks like something i might have made in my amateurish way. They must really need the business to trawl the web looking for people in trouble!

HFC Bank - (unenforceable)
Barclays - Agreement received - no spare cash right now
Cahoot - Agreement received
- no spare cash right now
MBNA1&2 - sold to Link Financial. Ignoring me for ages
Halifax - Sold to Cabot - Complaint sent to ICO - Incomplete SAR
MINT - Regal Credit (unenforceable)
Amex - AIC (unenforceable)
Cap1 *Won* 1,500 Written off
Old 09-02-2008, 06:20 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

One of the reasons the troll the net is to try and identify where people are obtaining the information to argue the alleged agreements. They also look for posts that they can directly identify with somebody thay are chasing.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Lefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of lightLefty is a glorious beacon of light

Have noticed CAG is down for 'essential' maintenance. On a Saturday night! - Wonder if it's been attacked like Beagles was