Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Credit Reference Agencies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

No agreement, no signature, ergo no permission to process. i acted early last year and only dealt with the company secretaries of both companies. they tried to get me to admit that I had the goods, well i did, but I had also paid them a substantial amount in repayments. It went sour when we had the ID T....t and they would not give me time to repay what I woed, so I pushed the boat out and asked for signed Agreements, they tried all the tricks in the book. They didn't win. The ICO was very good and the thought of me taking them to court get ALL repayments back from them didn't sit too well for them especially as the ICO upheld my complaints and made them remove the adverse information from my credit files. I filed the N1's for for compensation and that is when they offered me compensation and settled out of court. I wish now I had pushed for repayment of all the monies I had paid them, but to be far, this is where morality comes into it. I know not everyone agrees with me on that, but had they given me a bit of breathing time to get our finances sorted, I would not have gone the track I did.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:58 AM

powerful_rogue is on a distinguished road

Another similar situation.

I did a SAR on Orange regarding all my accounts with them. They didnt provide any service agreements, so I wrote off again asking for these to be sent to me. This is their reply today

"Copies of servcie agreements: Where an agreement is entered into verbally there will not be a written copy. If an agreement is entered into through a retail store, either orange Retail or a third party retailer, a copy will be provided to the customer in store. A further copy will be retained in store. We do not, therefore, have access to any such records"

Ive got an active account which is fine, however ive got two old accouts around 4 years old which have lots of late payment markers - just need to find a good argument for them to remove this info as they dont have my consent by not having the service agreement.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 AM

frisp is on a distinguished road
Default ICO not doing the do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I think going the way you are planning will not succeed. It will drag on for months, I went straight to the ICO, got my answer and then hit both the catalogue company concerned and the CRA's at the same time. gave them 14 days to respond, they didn't so I went back to the ICO and he did the deed for me. then the company wrote to me offer compensation, I accepted and it was finished within three months. The compensation was not a lot, but enough just have a weekend away.
DL what arguments did you use with the ICO, all I get off them is the 'purpose of processing' mantra. Which really doesn't help with the CRAs

MAC

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 20-05-2009, 06:14 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. first time I laughed out loud today!
Old 20-05-2009, 06:16 PM

I have had some success on this argument in the past, i.e. no agreement then how can you prove you are sending the correct data to the cra? I believe ICO have guidelines that say that if a lender believes they are right to process then why are they not chasing for a ccj etc, (it could be because they know they have nothing to back up what they are doing with hard evidence i.e. the documents to take into court!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful_rogue View Post
Another similar situation.

I did a SAR on Orange regarding all my accounts with them. They didnt provide any service agreements, so I wrote off again asking for these to be sent to me. This is their reply today

"Copies of servcie agreements: Where an agreement is entered into verbally there will not be a written copy. If an agreement is entered into through a retail store, either orange Retail or a third party retailer, a copy will be provided to the customer in store. A further copy will be retained in store. We do not, therefore, have access to any such records"

Ive got an active account which is fine, however ive got two old accouts around 4 years old which have lots of late payment markers - just need to find a good argument for them to remove this info as they dont have my consent by not having the service agreement.
how is this going, anyone any news?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 PM

I have had at least one default and history removed because of no agreement. still fighting another with ICO involved, very slow with ICO as they are busy.