Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Bits 'n' Pieces
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 30-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jster$$$ will become famous soon enough
Default general PC problems

My pc has been playing up rencently and was hoping for some tips.

i will list a few things which have been happening

keep loosing my desk top....sometimes it will come back within a few seconds sometimes it doesn't

i use trend security and i keep getting warnings that new software is trying to be used i keep denying access the most recent program trying to get access is called MROFINU572 .EXE ??????

trend keeps popping up with dangerous sites attempting to open (maybe 4 or 5 in one go) it has even happened when opening CCS (one of the sites was called something like www.clickad.......something) i don't tend to read them and quickly close them

my IM doesn't always sign me in and sometimes just logs me out and disappears.

I have reinstalled my PC before, i think thats what i may need to do now, however thats about all i know to do.

could someone explain cookies for me....(now i'm sounding dumb again lol)

i do disc clean up and defraging reguarly should i be doing more? I am kinda self taught apart from odd lessons from frends. so far i've been ok

J
Old 30-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I'm sure many will give you directions, cookies are Little footprints left in your PC, or thats what i think they are lol clean them in tools, INTERNET options, delete all cookies and then next down clear history.

I do this every night before i close up.

heres Pers detailed post of checking your pc,
http://consumercreditsupport.co.uk/s...0&postcount=35

I also run CC cleaner. some peope don't like it but does me ok.

I have AVG, spy bot, search& Destroy, adware checker and ZeronetHistory and I also check with hijack this if have slow process.

but I'm no techy but rarely get a problem.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 31-12-2007, 12:22 AM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

MROFINU572 .EXE is a backdoor trojan and you definitely do not want it on your machine.

Sounds to me like you have a serious infection of spyware and the first step has to be a full scan for spyware, I recommend using counterspy which you can download for a 15 day trial from

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Home...ce/CounterSpy/

Also I strongly recommend going to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

and running a full system scan using housecall.

This should save you having to totally reformat your hard drive.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 31-12-2007, 02:25 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

You may also want to consider finding out what programmes you have running in the background when your system first starts up?

Typically - running windows XP - anything up to 25-20 essential processes can run.
Often - if you have a trojan/virus/worm etc running, you may find that 1 or more other rogue progs may also be running - in addition to ALL the software that's been installed on your pc.
I'll add a word doc that has some screen shots to help.
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.
Old 31-12-2007, 02:32 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

hahaha lol
can't upload the word doc with screen shots.
Hopefully will be sorted soon.

Pers
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

Old 31-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Assistant Moderator

Many thanks Hp, Tam and Pers

I will do the above as Tam suggests.

Pers I will go through your post about running applications and see if anything look suspect, If you don't mind I will PM any programs I think maybe dodgy to get your opinion???

J
Old 31-12-2007, 11:17 AM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Your almost certainly going to have about 20-30 processes running, even with no applications running in the foreground. This is normal for XP (vista has about 60-70 running at any one time).

Anything using resources will have a high amount of processsor usage with it, normally in a passive state, system standby is the only process using resources (90%)

The spyware your almost certain to have, should be dealt with by House call and counterspy. I don't advise stopping any process using task manager as it can make the system very unstable. Proceed with caution in task manager

Pers you forgot the attachement lol
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 31-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Assistant Moderator

I'm running house call as i type!

its going to take hours so i think i will go shopping in the meantime
Old 01-01-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Pers you forgot the attachement lol
Errm....thanks Tam - I sent you an email re this!!

Counterspy installed, and is excellent! 15 day trial full working, but I will subscribe.

All the best folks - Jster, no prob for pm's!

Pers

Old 01-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I've just down loaded Counterspy too so any tips for set up would be great

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change