Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Consumer Credit Support > Bits 'n' Pieces
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-12-2007, 01:33 PM

Turboman will become famous soon enough

Tam

I can't open the link either--I've got Windows Professional. EDIT--opens now !!

I also have Google Taskbar-why do you reccomend not installing it?

Thanks
Turbo

Last edited by Turboman : 21-12-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: AS link now works for some reason
Old 21-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Maxie Girl is on a distinguished road

The links are now sometimes opening for me on here but I haven't installed the thingy that Tam gave me yet as I've been doing a little further research into this problem and this is why I asked if it had anything to do with the settings on this site? reason being....

That's all three of us... Turbo, Hocus and me with the same problem with links

I don't have this problem on LB or PAG with 'any' links

So, haven't been OTR for months but have been and tried a few links and guess what? Same problem and as the two sites are the same layout thought it must be sumat to do with that

Maxie.
Old 21-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

If you haven't got flash player installed it will be slow opening.
Old 21-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
If you haven't got flash player installed it will be slow opening.
Hi hun, hope your well I'm on vista, that's why Tam gave me an alternative but it's not that it's slow at opening, it don't open at all and say's 'page cannot be displayed' but then on a rare occasion it will open. It's a strange one lol

Maxie.x
Old 21-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Theres also comments regarding the amount of people using the links, which could be causing it.

If its easier i can pop round with a little green suite, but you may have to kneel down, or may be not in some cases

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 22-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Firstly I dont like any toolbar, most of them have some sort of spyware attached plus they also clog up the system. If you don't need it then don't install it is my motto.

links may not open for several reasons, but I have no problem at all on site so I don't think its a site setting but I will have a look at them tomorrow.

One thing you can try is to delete cookies and clear you browser cache as those will both cause problems connecting to sites.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details
Old 22-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Assistant Moderator

When i first started dabbling on the pc i had so much junk im surprised it even started in the morning

Installation disks dont actually tell you what "full" installation contains now i always do a selction option and never download the unneeded extra's soooo much junk ,

Old 22-12-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamadus View Post
Firstly I dont like any toolbar, most of them have some sort of spyware attached plus they also clog up the system. If you don't need it then don't install it is my motto.

links may not open for several reasons, but I have no problem at all on site so I don't think its a site setting but I will have a look at them tomorrow.

One thing you can try is to delete cookies and clear you browser cache as those will both cause problems connecting to sites.
I do the cookie thingy regular hun but not sure of the browser cache
Old 22-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Assistant Moderator

Tools/ internet options/ delete files/ click ok
You can also change the amount of space your using by going into settings the tab on the right.

Its an individual choice what to select but i have mine down on the lowest point.

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 22-12-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 22-12-2007, 02:52 AM

Perseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to allPerseus is a name known to all

To do a slighlty more thorough clean up - in an internet explorer page - in the address bar at the top - look for tools, then click on delete browsing history, then - you have 4 individual options, or a 'clear all' at the bottom.
IMO click on the delete all at the bottom, another small window opens, with a tick box - blank.
Tick in there to remove any temporary downloaded files, then ok.
All cookies, browser cche, temp files etc cleared out - BUT ALSO, ANY USERNAMES & PASSWORDS stored for any sites will also be cleared. So remember to have them written down to 're log in'.
If you want a reasonable clean up - go to start, programmes, accessories, system tools then disk cleanup.
Select ok for the drive you wish to clean (normally 'C') and after a little while, another window opens with carious options, showing varying amounts of 'slack' or 'temp' files to be cleaned out.
I always tick all boxes then ok.

Once done - goto system tools again, then disk defrag,
Open, then 'defrag'.
This should clean your system and compact any lose files.
It's a good start anyway!

hth

Pers
Any advice or guidance given by Perseus or Consumer Credit Support is provided without prejudice, and is based on personal experience only. Please seek professional legal assistance to clarify your particular case. Thank you.

If we've helped in recovering bank charges, please help us keep this site alive for others by donating.

sedit qui timuit ne non succederet.
He who feared he would not succeed, sat still.