Posting instructions - hints and tips.
Quoting from a post into your reply
• Select the quote sign at the bottom right of the post you wish to write a reply, this will automatically open your own window to write your reply.
• Once the window is open you can edit the quote to delete information that may not be needed for your reply. DO NOT delete the [quote] at the start of the quote and the [quote] at the end of the quote; these are the commands that encase the writing in a separate box when your reply is posted
• If you choose to write details inside the quote area then it is best to change the colour of your text to make it stand out from the original words.
• Choose a colour from the tool bar at the top of the writing box you will then see eg: [red] [red] these have the same use as the quote boxes and writing between them will appear red. The markers   will also appear for bold, italics and font size.
• Once you have managed the   markers multi quoting will become easier
• You can multi quote by selecting the speech mark “ at the bottom right corner of each post you wish to include in your reply
• On the final post you wish to quote click on the quote button.
• You can separate the quotes by finding the users names between the markers.
[hocus pocus] contents of my post for editing [hocus pocus] [dragonlady] contents for editing [dragonlady]. [tamadaus] comments for editing [tamadaus]
• Once you have finished, your reply would look like similar to this
[hocus pocus] contents of post [hocus pocus] your words [dragonlady] contents of post [dragonlady] your words [tamadaus] contents of post [Tamadaus] your words.
• Once you have done that you then will need to write a comment actually with in your own posting area for it to be received as a post.
• All I can add is practice makes perfect
Any extra quoting tips to add please let me know and I will include them in these instructions.
There are many other facilities within making a post, so if any one else is up for writing the instructions. Please feel free to post them up
I will not be on the internet after the end of January 2009, so will not be around as much as usuall.
Anyone who wants to email me still go ahead but i won't be checking daily, more like weekly up the library.
" the cages we live in are often of our own making"
time for a life style change
Last edited by Hocuspocus : 08-11-2007 at 07:52 PM.