Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelline View Post
thanks DL, I am ok staying here for the time being since I have not been told anything like dont discuss, its just a matter precaution.

I will try writing to the Insurers and insisting it is them but they have said I need to have something called accidental peril ??? I was not informed I might need this when I was being sold it over the phone - I was going to move to another insurer as well, now wish I had, well beauty of hindsight is not going to help me now.
Accidental Peril????? Sounds very iffy to me and like they are trying to get out of this Are they implying the gas cooker next door blows up and damages your property, you are not covered for this damage?
Old 19-08-2008, 09:32 AM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

Yes, they are, I rang the fire crew because the fire alarm in the property was going and the tenants were a vulnerable group and have caused fires in the past. the fire crew turned up and broke in only to find it knee deep in water as the alarm had been triggered by the water hitting the electrics (sort of) no techy explanation, they contacted the police but it was not until 4.00pm next day that the water supply gushing into the property was turned off - you can imagine how much water had been allowed to continue to flood, gallons and gallons, the inspector from the council said he had to wade through it, you could see the water rushing out of the front door and through the bricks!

all I know is it is not down to me except I am now having to sort it out. re the insurance, they say I am only covered for flood fire etc on my own property not others, but I needed additional cover for this situation???

dont know about legal cover but if it is not standar then I wont have it
Old 19-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

fire crew broke in and no one turned off the stop Tap , i know your not allowed to touch the seen of a crime but that seems really stupid.

maybelline I'm so sorry to hear your having this mess on top of your drain trouble. I to think your insurers are wriggling out, its their job to get you back to normal asap and then recover, sue, or what ever they do to the other party involved.

I would call your local MP and CAB try get some support asap on this, CAB are a nightmare to get hold of but most times when they get involved company's sit up and listen.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 19-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Oh heck. I always make sure Ihave legal cover in any of my insurances. It might never be needed but it is sure handy to cover any legal costs.

I would definitely be doing what Hocus has suggested and get the CAB involved. Maybe your local councillor might be intrested in this seeing the local council owns the property. Let him earn his stipend for attending council meetings on your behalf.
Old 19-08-2008, 09:46 AM

thanks guys, yeah, its a laugh a minute where I live!
Old 19-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Phillipa is on a distinguished road

I thought I was having a run of misfortune, but not like yours in any way. i know which lot of misfortune I would prefer to be dealing with and it's not yours.
Old 19-08-2008, 10:14 AM

ok, have raised a complaint with ombudsman so feel a bit better

fingers crossed they will see reason.

Phillipa - what can I say, never rains but it pours, I hope to be back singing the praises of the Ombudsman! he he
Old 19-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Maybelline
never rains but it pours..literally in your case
Old 19-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Maybelline
never rains but it pours..literally in your case
LOL yep, - every cloud has a silver lining and up the river without a paddle!
Old 19-08-2008, 09:27 PM

Tamadus has disabled reputation

Maybelline will you please keep away from water !!.

As I see it this is down to either the Council as property owners or the NHS as tenants. Your insurers are trying desperately to keep a distance from it but damage has been caused to your property and they are liable to you, read the policy documents carefully to see how far cover extends.

Obviously the council/NHS failed to secure the property KNOWING nobody was living in it.

I think this thread should remain where it is but Maybelline doea have access to the special cases forum so we can continue helping her in private, Please start a thread whenever you like Maybelline.
Advice & opinions of Tamadus and the Consumer Credit Support Group are offered from personal experience only. They are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. It is suggested you seek advice from a qualified, insured professional at all times

Please consider making a donation to this site (we suggest 5%) from any charges we help you reclaim.

consumercreditsupport.co.uk email addresses are now available at a cost of 5 per year. Please PM me for details

Last edited by Tamadus : 19-08-2008 at 09:30 PM.