Consumer Credit Support  
Bailiff Advice Online

Go Back   Consumer Credit Support > Housing > Housing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 21-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

I would think so, irrespective of how you buy it under what terms or if you rent it out, the buck has to stop with the owner in my thoughts.

and surely if hes buying to let and running a portfolio then he should be adequately insured for this type of thing.

They are all to interested in taking money with out responsibility

I think court will be the resolve for you, but I'm totally astounded no official body wants to know.

So much for what your Tax's are paid for not long before the plaque is back in action then

Sorry need to add as ive re read your last post.
it sounds a very mixed up situation?? i would drop a line to the benefits agencey as well just incase theres something worth uncovering..

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change

Last edited by Hocuspocus : 21-07-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 21-07-2008, 02:54 PM

maybelline is on a distinguished road

I must say I do feel sorry for the tenants, they are getting a terrible place to live, I dont know why they themselves arent complaining to the council or CAB but maybe they are desperate and dont want to lose a roof over their heads no matter how bad, its a sorry situation all round.
Old 21-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Hocuspocus has a spectacular aura aboutHocuspocus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelline View Post
I must say I do feel sorry for the tenants, they are getting a terrible place to live, I don't know why they themselves aren't complaining to the council or CAB but maybe they are desperate and don't want to lose a roof over their heads no matter how bad, its a sorry situation all round.
It can be quiet hard to find accommodation especially in private rented if you are receiving benefits, so many landlords now refuse to touch an aided income, so even if you work and are helped in some way you are still restricted.

Have the tenants been there long? is there a quick turn over? or lots of them at one time. I bet the smell in there is awfull.

" the cages we live in are often of our own making"

time for a life style change
Old 19-08-2008, 09:24 AM

NEW FLOOD DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!

ok - the issues of this thread are now a legal matter so I will not be posting on the open forum, maybe it can be moved??

HOWEVER, the property owned by the local authority on other side has been empty for a while and theives ***** the copper water tank in the middle of the night and left the property to flood (this is a police matter so this will not be discussed) - the big problem is - it became a swimming pool and you guessed it, the water rushed into my home and absolutely ruined my oak wood floors!!!! my insurers say I am not covered for a neighbours flood and the local authority are also 'not sure' who is reponsible as they let nhs used it as supported living accommodation.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY cant I get a straight answer when all this **** is down to others? any advice on Insurers maybe
Old 19-08-2008, 09:29 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation

What a mess, both literally and metaphorically. I wouldnot be letting your insurers gat away with that you are not covered for a neighbour's flood. it is their job to pay up and reclaim from the other side, after al you are insured for damage to your property. or do you only contents insurance and not building insurance?
Old 19-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

TANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of lightTANZARELLI is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure DL could move the thread to a private area if subject to legal action.
Old 19-08-2008, 09:54 AM

If I move this over now to a private thread, it is going to limit who can have access to it. Because of what is involved anf giving permissions to whom can access the thread is going to take time and is best left until this evening.

Maybelline have you been told by your legal advisors you are not allowed to talk about YOUR PROPERTY.

It is understandable about the property subject to police action not being spoken about.

If your legal advisors have said not to speak about your property openly then I will close the thread for the time being and then get it moved across this evening.

All the moderators asst mods know why I cannot spend time in creating permissions moving this over to a private area at the moment
Old 19-08-2008, 10:01 AM

what legal advisers? lol

the legal matter is re the drains stuff when I stareted this thread, (only partly resolved)

new flood damage is other side - absolutely right, a mess, mess, mess, I want to move boo hoo,

absolutel I do have Buildings Insurance and they are saying no can do re flood??
Old 19-08-2008, 10:20 AM

thanks DL, I am ok staying here for the time being since I have not been told anything like dont discuss, its just a matter precaution.

I will try writing to the Insurers and insisting it is them but they have said I need to have something called accidental peril ??? I was not informed I might need this when I was being sold it over the phone - I was going to move to another insurer as well, now wish I had, well beauty of hindsight is not going to help me now.
Old 19-08-2008, 10:20 AM

I am wondering if this has to do with the fact of how the damage happened noccured on the other side. I would be pushing your insurance company on this, talk to the organ grinder and not the monkey in the call centre.

It's the drain issue which is now legal, now I understand.

I thought the area I lived in had it's problems regarding who is responsible for what regarding the parks and roading, we have to negotiate with the Crown (MOD), Annington Homes, Luminus and the local council.

Looks like the local council letting/leasing the property to the NHS is responsible after all they are the landlord. If it is leasehold to the NHS, it could be the NHS as they woukd be responsible for inside the property and ot the outside.

I still feel though your insurance company should be advocating for you. Do you have legal cover in your insurance? if you have I would be using this to get some good advice.