View Single Post
Old 14-10-2008, 11:08 PM

Simian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to allSimian is a name known to all

I'm a taxi driver, and I think I OWN the road. I recently found myself "owning" a field - much to my embarrassment. The other cabbies now know me as "Squadron Leader" - as I think I was airborne for a while. In a month, though, I'll be back to my arrogant self.

Another cabbie had the temerity to stop a Police car and mention (with a straight face) that they had a light out. Shortly after, she was "done" for undoing her seat belt seconds before stopping - and then later she was "done" for using a mobile phone whilst on the move. She was actually propping her head up with her hand at traffic lights !! So, do NOT tell Mr. Plod his flies are undone - let the world see him for the little winkle he is !!!

I'm currently challenging a speeding ticket I picked up. I'm told that if I do win, I will LOSE - because the little playground bullies will be waiting for me - and I will get done for wearing a loud shirt in a built-up area, or passing wind with undue care and attention (sic - it's a bloke thing - we have to cock one leg and wince !! )

Oh - peeps who pass you in fog, and then slow right down because they no longer have someone's lights to follow.

Peeps who drive at 25mph in a 30mph zone. OK - they have a right to - and I don't tailgate them (honest, guv !!) - but they annoy me nevertheless !!!