View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 AM

Dragonlady has disabled reputation
Default Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

I am going to preface this post with an explanation. As a baby I survived Pink Disease, caused by mercury poisoning in teeth powders. This left me with a few problems and as the survivors are getting older, more problems are emerging. All my life I have been monitored by a research team as to what long term health problems the survivors have. I was lucky, my mother realised that she had increase my salt intake and potassium levels and this gave me a far better outcome than a lot of the other survivors, BUT there is a residual effect photo phobia. it's a real problem as I love the sun, the other problem I have the more energy efficient light bulbs I am exposed the worse my eyesight becomes. I am finding I am spending less time in shops. During my working life I used to get the fluoro strip lighting covered or the tube turned so it did not light up. On my desk I had a normal lamp nd used natural light as much as I could. I don't have amalgam fillings. I don't know how many times I had a reaction as a child, but the dentists soon learnt not to even think of trying to fill my teeth with amalgam.

I am now wondering if Pink Disease will emerge again as we go down the path to being eco friendly?

http://ecoworldly.com:80/2009/05/04/...inese-workers/