PDA

View Full Version : ungrateful devils.

Tamadus
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Something that really irritates me is people who don't apprectiate it when you go out of your way to help them.

As an example I have a couple of customer companies that I havv, for many years, done work for. They have always come back because they know I do a good job and always go beyond the call.

Just recently though both my contacts inside these companies seem intent on destroying the long term relationship and almost friendship that had been built up over trivial matters.

All the late hours I have put in to get their machinery running again and all the freebies I have given them seem to have been totally forgotten.

Dragonlady
09-07-2007, 07:54 AM
It is the same everywhere Tam. It's the gimme generation...they want to screw you for all they can and past loyalties mean diddly squat. i was made redundant nearly two years ago, with me went the corporate knowledge, so my young Director, who has no knowledge, kept ringing me, at first I was nice and tried to help him ease his progress into a very difficult area, but now I just say ask the 'girls', they should know. of course they don't, because they are clerical staff, who know quite a lot, but not the legislation, so whenever I see anyone from my former place employment, they state it is going from downhill so fast. We wont go into the politics, but the younger generation driven by profit margins, no longer value the human touch. they also need to learn humility.

Bakedalasker
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
To add to the wow it does not make it easy when someone who has not experience this tells you "thats life, get on with it".

When people say that is usually comes backs to bit them.

Lefty
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Listen mate try being a lawyer then you really will know what it means to be unappreciated:(

We are all veracious greedy bums who are only out to feather our own nests at the expense of the World at large :p. After all there is the 'copensa-shun' culture which is all the fault of those ambulance chasing lawyers.

This all changes when we are needed we become, overnight, your newest bestest friend:rolleyes:

Problem with the compo argument is that claims are lower now than 10 years ago when legal aid was available:confused: but no one including the insurance industry & the government seem to acknowledge that small fact when ranting on about it

Of course the press lap it up cos it makes for good copy "Women gets paid 20,000 for being red head"!!! err not quite woman gets paid 20,000 for being constantly bullied & threatened at work. So much so that she had a nervous breakdown but "bullied at work" doesn't sort of grab you does it!

Perseus
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I empathise with the situation Tam, DL and Lefty...
By nature, I will often help others at my own expense - even when it starts to affect my homelife. The sting is that when your help is no longer required, the late nights, the extra effort, the favours you pull in to get the job done - fall by the wayside.

The recipient of this unselfish effort runs off thinking "Yeehaw, I've just had a right result, got this for bu**er all and had this that and all the other done for next to nowt!"
It's a material victory fullstop. No consideration, or 'returning favours' or 'backscratching' is considered.

A sad reflection on the 'gimme gimme' culture employed by many now!

The Terminator
09-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I see all your points and I'm with you guys.I work in housing and Lefty I see your point because it involves litigation.A few weeks ago I put in a new bathroom for Mrs Smith was she happy was she f.Literally picked holes in everything so I said to her "if it was in gold and not china and steel you still wouldn't be happy would you".Her reply was "dont be flippent Im making a complaint".My reply was" Its not being flippent its a fact go on and complain".The crux of it is that whatever you do for some people it is never enough.

Dianh Doll
20-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I agree with all of your points, what really annoys me is when I help people/friends out, bend over backwards to help them, give them advice, and as said even when it affects your home life.

And when it is your turn for help or a favour no bugger wants to help or know you...

I am so unselfish, I always put others before myself and I am so grateful for anything anyone does to help me..(especially on this site, perseus, ODC & many others have given me so much help, & I cannot thank them enough)

Sometimes in life there seems to be no pleasing some people...

Perseus
20-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Just a thanks now and then is pleasing enough for me dianh! :D

Lefty
20-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Sod the thanks Pers I want the money!!! :eek:

Unless it's advice given on this & other sites:D

grimbell
20-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Well it will have to be advice on this site only as over the road has gone down!

Lefty
20-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Really:D

Do hope it gets back up soon. There will be a lot of people needing urgent advice who know nothing of this or other such sites :eek:

nattie
20-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Grimbell, i would love to comment on it but my mouth has been sealed shut, I MUST NOT BE SARCASTIC ABOUT OVER THE ROAD, I MUST NOT BE SARCASTIC ABOUT OVER THE ROAD, I MUST NOT BE SARCASTIC ABOUT OVER THE ROAD. (that stopped me being sarcastic about a bit of downtime)

I do understand about the advice, I think i spend about 50% of my time getting colleagues to repeat exactly what I have told them because they do not believe me.

grimbell
20-07-2007, 08:18 PM
pmsl Nattie