PDA

View Full Version : Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

Dragonlady
06-05-2009, 07:53 AM
I am going to preface this post with an explanation. As a baby I survived Pink Disease, caused by mercury poisoning in teeth powders. This left me with a few problems and as the survivors are getting older, more problems are emerging. All my life I have been monitored by a research team as to what long term health problems the survivors have. I was lucky, my mother realised that she had increase my salt intake and potassium levels and this gave me a far better outcome than a lot of the other survivors, BUT there is a residual effect photo phobia. it's a real problem as I love the sun, the other problem I have the more energy efficient light bulbs I am exposed the worse my eyesight becomes. I am finding I am spending less time in shops. During my working life I used to get the fluoro strip lighting covered or the tube turned so it did not light up. On my desk I had a normal lamp nd used natural light as much as I could. I don't have amalgam fillings. I don't know how many times I had a reaction as a child, but the dentists soon learnt not to even think of trying to fill my teeth with amalgam.

I am now wondering if Pink Disease will emerge again as we go down the path to being eco friendly?

http://ecoworldly.com:80/2009/05/04/energy-efficient-lightbulbs-poison-hundreds-of-chinese-workers/

MrDarcy
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
There is also the issues regarding energy saving light bulbs and the UV levels they give out at close proximity as well as the 'flicker' that the migraine association has concerns over.

I bought some of the old normal type for a friend who suffers from migraines just in case.

Dragonlady
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I have so many of these energy efficient light bulbs they can go to good home, because they wont be used here.

dpick
06-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi DL I have same type of problem with these new fangled lights my sight has been damaged by my diabetes and if I am in a room that has these lights my eyes seem to produce very sticky tears that seem to leave a watery film over my eyes. I mentioned this to my diabetic nurse she simply said do not use these type of lights.

dpick