PDA

View Full Version : TV adverts

courtness
06-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, my pet hates.... a current advert that irritates.
"one in four women cannot read a pregnancy test kit" !
where did they get this statistic?
oh really - we are so dumb we need it to say YOU ARE PREGNANT! YOU IDIOT! RING US ON THIS PREMIUM RATE NUMBER TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS MEANS! and whilst you're there you can find out how to have the best skin, butt, wrinkle-free face, tone-up body and the brain skills of nicole kidman, providing you don't speak with an accent! (wii are watching you).....:p

Main Man
24-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Another thing that is really annoying about TV adverts is the sudden increase in volume and having to continually reach for the remote to re adjust the volume, of late this seems to be getting worse.

Jster$$$
24-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought there were rules about increasing volume, their not allowed to do it!!!!! but then again there lots of things they shouldnt do:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Grimbell yes totally agree with that stupid ad for pregnancy testing, what a load of balls:p

happyhour
24-02-2008, 12:25 PM
you'll have to enlighten me, either I'm too old, or too careful, ever to have needed a pregnancy testing kit.

I think when I was pregnant, it was in the days when they injected rabbits with...............nope....... too much information, I'm quitting while I'm ahead!

Dragonlady
24-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Umm I don't speak with an accent but you lot do..

I alsway complain about the the volume of the ads and they keeps sauying no we do not increase the volume, right, how come Obi can hear the ads perfectly and has to increase the volume for the actual whatever he is watching. It drives me rats, as I have very good hearing and I certainly don't need the volume up as load as Obi does, the ads come on and the cats and I jump a mile.....

Dragonlady
24-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Hell I knew when I was pregnant, I needed to pee more..oh that could explain whuy I didn't I was pregant for a couple of months (read that as about four months)..no bright sparks remarks please because by then I was a widow and things had taken an emotional turmoil on me, so my body was not working as it should have. pregnancy was the last thing on my mind, needed it like a rash on my face to quote a famous dead princess regarding marriage

Hocuspocus
24-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Definitely adverts are louder, i have to answer lad when he shouts its to loud i reply " its only the adverts" sure I'm not the only household? may be its their way of brain washing us all.

My niggle with adverts why do women become the main target of personal ads?
Tena pads for ladies, no I'm not there yet thank god.
but they also do them for men. Why should we have women smiley faces advertising these things and men get off Scott free. Theres nothing to smile about being a Tena lady when it makes you 20 down a month.:D:D:D:D

courtness
24-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Accents: the survey that found that the latest techie thing could not recognise the correct ansas from the players unless they spoke like the Queen!!:D
still waiting for French and Saunders to do their spoofs of the ads - loved the Baby Jane things..:)

Hocuspocus
25-02-2008, 10:46 PM
My Favorite for a long time is the beer advert with 3 or 4 men dancing in a row
1 wooden
1 real
1 cartoon
and not sure about the other if theres 4

cant remember which Beer thou.?????

Dragonlady
26-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Accents: the survey that found that the latest techie thing could not recognise the correct ansas from the players unless they spoke like the Queen!!:D
still waiting for French and Saunders to do their spoofs of the ads - loved the Baby Jane things..:)

Struth mate, howza sheila going to win a bloody thing if she has talk speak like the Queen:eek:

Now I know where I went wrong with the GMTV ringin competitions, not only the rigged competions but the rotten computer to boot.:confused:

m55dlc
26-02-2008, 08:56 AM
My Favorite for a long time is the beer advert with 3 or 4 men dancing in a row
1 wooden
1 real
1 cartoon
and not sure about the other if theres 4

cant remember which Beer thou.?????

Becks, only ever brewed in Bremmen (apparently).

TANZARELLI
26-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I hate that one for National Accident Helpline.

"I slipped over in the reception at work and smashed my face to bits on the floor"

Well look where you are going then muppet. Oh and sort that stupid fringe out helmet head.

maybelline
26-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Definitely adverts are louder, i have to answer lad when he shouts its to loud i reply " its only the adverts" sure I'm not the only household? may be its their way of brain washing us all.

My niggle with adverts why do women become the main target of personal ads?
Tena pads for ladies, no I'm not there yet thank god.
but they also do them for men. Why should we have women smiley faces advertising these things and men get off Scott free. Theres nothing to smile about being a Tena lady when it makes you 20 down a month.:D:D:D:D

on that note, news items about breast cancer, or STD's, always either a woman with legs a kimbo or having a mammogram, all perfectly normal activities but do we actually need the pictures, what/where male equivalents on these items.

(hey guys I love you)

maybelline
26-02-2008, 10:50 PM
new pet hate, forgive the pun - doggy doodoo, we had a pet when we were kids and lots of owners of pets are very responsible but the streets are covered, arent they?

Hocuspocus
27-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I sprayed a guys feet and his dog with the hose pipe, i was in the garden his dog cocks his leg up on pavement side of hedge and then proceeds to do teh doos so i sprayed it.

Got the worst look.:D:D from man and wet dog.

I told him " i would have to hose it down later, so why wait, when the field 10 yards up the path would have been a better site" :(

Dragonlady
27-02-2008, 06:54 AM
new pet hate, forgive the pun - doggy doodoo, we had a pet when we were kids and lots of owners of pets are very responsible but the streets are covered, arent they?

Must be responsible pet owners around here, not sign of barkers eggs, the owners all carry little bags and pooper scoopers:D

Of course having the CCTV cameras all over the place just might have something to do with it

Dragonlady
27-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Personal hygeine ads at Dinner time. They do it because we are the soft target. lets see them advertise a prostate examination ad for male cancer awareness. Oh of course not it doesn't have the same effect. I was going to use salacious or titillation to decribe the effect but I think those words might evoke a response we don't really wont.