PDA

View Full Version : Late Payers And The Consequences

TUTTSI
10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Hubby was speaking to his bank (HSBC) about clients taking longer and longer to pay their invoices and that he now sends out more and more statements. The Bank manager came up with a gem, he suggested that he put on a charge for late payers, like they do.... right... I think not.

DSxx

Dragonlady
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Maybe if hubby offered a discount, but knowing how the systems work and the NHS are bad for this,, I would sign off on a n invoice and send it through for payment and they would take at least 60 days to pay. of course my suppliers used to get nasty with me, so I would have to fax the documentation that I had approved it for payment,. I hasd one lot sool a DCA on to me for non paymentm so I just directed him to the NHS aCCOUNTS Dept for explanation, but it didn't stop the DCA writing to my home address and trying to record a default on me. I have a DCA chasing me now three years after I have the place and because I signed the request form for the supply of good from an other NHS department, I am being chased for the payment. the accounting system is conveluted, between primary Care Trust and the hospital, it gets lost so PCT hasn;r paid bill, so I am being chased as the ex Manager of the relevant department. Roll on. Oh it's CCL who are doing the chasing.

Sorry Tuttsi, I really haven't a practical solution as to how your husband gets his clients pay sooner rather than later. UNless you tell them that credit rating is being wrecked by their tardiness

TUTTSI
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks DL, they normally pay pretty quickly and without the need to remind them, but it seems just after XMAS and everyone is holding on to their money. The point I was making really is that the bank was suggesting adding a charge for late payers, like they do!!

For this coming year all clients that produce their documentation in late (by mid December)for their tax returns to be filed before 31/1/2009 payment will be requested up front, before he starts work, but restricted tor those who always keep him waiting for payment, this will ensure that he does not have to worry about chaing them for payments in future.

Dsxx

Dragonlady
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I noted the remark made by the bank about slapping a charge on for paying late. Why is it everyone seems to think this is the solution.

I like the approach you are going use.

Angry Cat
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Hubby was speaking to his bank (HSBC) about clients taking longer and longer to pay their invoices and that he now sends out more and more statements. The Bank manager came up with a gem, he suggested that he put on a charge for late payers, like they do.... right... I think not.

DSxx

Just goes to show you how these managers, who are factually not managers but doers, think!

If one went along that road one could potentially lose clients.

Modern Bank Managers are Robots, they are told what to say and do!
Talk about being institutionalised...God help us.

AC

TUTTSI
10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Totaly agree with you AC.
DSxx

Hocuspocus
10-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Just goes to show you how these managers, who are factually not managers but doers, think!

AC

I think of them as car salesmen in office's

tbern123
30-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I think of them as car salesmen in office's

Oi Oi....... Am I being indirectly bullied here... :p

Now am I a Bank Manager (not in a branch, in a complaints department) I also used to sell cars... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dragonlady
30-01-2008, 04:20 PM
tbern, you can't win them all ...LOL....