PDA

View Full Version : Bin police get the power to take your car away

rippedoffagain
11-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Let me out of here!

Madness (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486699&in_page_id=1770)

What do the government expect will happen. Household's produces rubbish, I thought that was part of the council tax payments, to pay for rubbish disposal.

I would be more than happy if they reduced my council tax bill by the appropriate amount, and invited me to use a private contractor.

How long before people just hire a skip and spend three or four months filling it.

Hocuspocus
11-10-2007, 12:35 AM
This is so wrong as if you phone up the bin company for your area, they will tell you take extra bins to the general waste crusher at your local tip.

So who says you are not on the way there.

The searching i think is no different to what they are doing to flat beds and vans, but what rubbish are they looking for as tips take it all..!
I go to the Tip once a month with left over bags of house hold rubbish and some odd other recycling goods

callumsgran
11-10-2007, 12:39 AM
there was an item on watchdog earlier, the problem is different councils have different criteria its so confusing
Where i live now there is nowhere i can take my household rubbish if there is too much for the bin men so then its lying around for a month
I recycle as much as i can but the whole situation is ridiculous, it needs addressing
:mad:

callumsgran
11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
This is so wrong as if you phone up the bin company for your area, they will tell you take extra bins to the general waste crusher at your local tip.

So who says you are not on the way there.

The searching i think is no different to what they are doing to flat beds and vans, but what rubbish are they looking for as tips take it all..!
I go to the Tip once a month with left over bags of house hold rubbish and some odd other recycling goods

Exactly, but you are lucky, we dont have that facility we cant just fill up our car and dump it!
Hubby takes it on the way to work 2 counties away if we get a build up, and he could even get done for that

rippedoffagain
11-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Just give it a year or two, adverts on local radio. Dob in a tipper. A freephone number to tell the local authority that a neighbour is putting suspicious looking black bags in the boot of their car!

Hellllp! Let me out of the mad house.

Hocuspocus
11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
If your local may say they don't take household rubbish then double bag it and they know no difference, I called the authority's and asked, i have just taken on a flat for my mum and it was full of food cans, and household rubbish i have 15 bags worth.

1st they say place it in your wheelie bin,
2nd they say OK take it to your local tip.
So i do .

I wish my Tip was a short distance of 2.4 miles away i would take a nice walk every week:D

Hocuspocus
11-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Just give it a year or two, adverts on local radio. Dob in a tipper. A freephone number to tell the local authority that a neighbour is putting suspicious looking black bags in the boot of their car!

Hellllp! Let me out of the mad house.

Any one for a ride in Mr Bransons Space hopper, I plan to escape at the other end:D

callumsgran
11-10-2007, 01:16 AM
If your local may say they don't take household rubbish then double bag it and they know no difference, I called the authority's and asked, i have just taken on a flat for my mum and it was full of food cans, and household rubbish i have 15 bags worth.

1st they say place it in your wheelie bin,
2nd they say OK take it to your local tip.
So i do .

I wish my Tip was a short distance of 2.4 miles away i would take a nice walk every week:D

I wish it were that simple, but they check
We only have wheelie bins for garden rubbish and recycling the rubbish goes in bags
Its crazy here, at least in bristol the bags could go in the bin where cats, dogs etc couldnt get them

Lefty
11-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Like many of our neighbors we have purchased our own spyfree wheelie bin - just let them try & fit a device to that - ******** damage comes to mind

Hocuspocus
11-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Like many of our neighbors we have purchased our own spyfree wheelie bin - just let them try & fit a device to that - ******** damage comes to mind

They have flying machines now that monitor the heat from your wheelie bin, now you get charged for pollution direct.;):D:D:D

m55dlc
11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
If your wheelie bin isn't provided by the council they have no obligation to remove refuse from it (according to our lot). Our local CostCo started to sell wheelie bins and lots of people bought second or third bins to get around the ABC we have here (alternate bin collection), but the council just do not empty them.

As soon as you have an electronic device on a bin people will flytip, end of arguement. As soon as the devices are fitted, there will be people who break them ( " I store my bin next to my large electromagnet! Where does it say I can't own a large electromagnet? ", "Thats not my rubbish in my bin!")

It will get silly, you'll have people taking rubbish from their neighbours to prove that someone else has been filling up their bin, the whole fabric of society will crumble as no-one has the gumption in power to stand up to the fact that one of the primary purposes of local government is being eroded by loony policies imposed by a loony government.

Where we live we have all been given large recycling wheelie bins, but we are not allowed to put glass into the recycling? So, we can put everything else recylcable in it but the heavier glass goes straight into the bin then? Yes, apparently it does.

Hocuspocus
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Has it been made law yet that you have! to recycle, i know they have handed out some fines. But is it a court action, or do they get that by you not payingt the fine:(

HONESTLY
11-10-2007, 08:19 PM
The same as parking fine eventuially the bailiffs will come in.

TANZARELLI
11-10-2007, 11:56 PM
The problem here is with the packaging companies. They should reduce the amount of wast they cause the consumer to have and they should be fined for excessive packaging.

Hocuspocus
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Eventually when it gets to its worst, people will be digging and hiding things in their own gardens, I'm happy to burn most things waste /food in a dustbin, but plastic isn't good in it:rolleyes: black smoke rings :D

best way to avoid glass bottles is not to buy anything in them.

Eventually this may also be a problem for companies...the harder and more backlogged it becomes for us to get rid, the more conscious we will become of what we are buying.

And on that note, may be the government is using this issue to make the point to the companies that they themselves are to lame to deal with, as per usual:rolleyes:

courtness
25-10-2007, 09:46 PM
This week I foolishly forgot to take my bin out - saw the lorry out there and rushed out but ohh! it was only taking boxes not doing bins and I'd 'missed the boat' - two different collections same day but both fortnighly - so rang the council who said they would send the lorry back (still in the village) if I paid an extra charge! what ! my tax is already high, so we are stuck with it now for a month. I have decided to leave it in the street with a large sticker on it about breaching the Health & Saftey Regulations, duty etc etc., and as all my locals have to walk past it (live next to a pub) hopefully it will cause a big stink!:D

callumsgran
25-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Good for you court!
I think everyone should protest about the fortnightly food collection especially!
Leave it outside until its collected, why should we have to keep this inside?
I agree with Tanz too, manufacturers should cut down on packaging that cant be recycled

HONESTLY
25-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Dump it on the main road but do not forget to remove anything that you can be identified with.

Hocuspocus
25-10-2007, 10:43 PM
If you live country side Village..
We have a local Farmer who if you are caught short, meaning extra rubbish, party, moving etc: for a 5 he will put most of it on his fire in the field.

i certainly don't agree with having to pay extra charges for a collection thats awful, and every week I'm running to the gate bare feet and Pj's on :D:D:D